Re: sqlplus scott/tiger@tnsname hangs

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:40:22 -0700

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It might also be interesting to know how many connection requests the
> listener is servicing. I suppose it's possible that the tcp queuedepth is
> too small to handle all the requests if there some some sort of a login
> storm or something. Without listener logging enabled, you'd only be able to
> check v$sysstat (where name = 'logons cumulative') periodically to see how
> many logins are occurring. Statspack should also be gathering that
> information, so consult there for historical purposes.

In regards to the thought on TCP, this is from the OP:

test1- sqlplus '/as sysdba'
test2- sqlplus scott/tiger
test3- sqlplus scott/tiger@tnsname

It would appear that these login attempts are taking place on the server.

If that is the case, is this connection via TCP, or IPC?

Doing a tnsping from the box you are testing on will show that.

Is this the same box the user was trying to connect from?

Also, as you are on solaris, have you done a truss on the the sqlplus
session?

That would show what is happening when the connection appears to hang.

--
Jared Still