Re: "sqlplus orauser/orapasswd@SID" avoid writing passwords in shell scripts

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:45:25 -0800

Martin,

Interestingly your blog mentions Perl cryptography,
which is what the PDBA::PWD module uses.

PDBA::PWD implements a password server daemon
that can be called from within scripts.

I can understand the need for a quick solution though.

When the Oracle Password Store was available I thought
that was pretty cool.  The problem for me however was that
it was only useful with Oracle.

There's often a need for other types of passwords as well.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com