Re: "sqlplus orauser/orapasswd@SID" avoid writing passwords in shell scripts

  • From: Sharon.Kovac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: aluoor@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:10:39 -0600

We have a file on the server that is locked down.  Then, from a shell
script run though the cron, we launch sqlplus.

APPSPWD=`cat /path/to/file`
sqlplus -s apps/$APPSPWD <<END

Sven Aluoor <aluoor@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/01/2009 03:41 PM
Please respond to
aluoor@xxxxxxxxx

oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
"sqlplus orauser/orapasswd@SID" avoid writing passwords in shell scripts

Hi folks

I have here a Solaris box where i need to setup cronjob (with session
to remote DB). On the remote DB i have no access, expect limited user
via sqlplus.

How to avoid putting passwords in shell scripts?

cheers
Sven

Sharon Kovac | RotoMetrics
Phone: +1 636 587 3600 | Fax: +1 636 587 3701800 Howerton Lane | Eureka, MO
63025 | USA
www.rotometrics.com
This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s)
named above. This message is confidential. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete the original message.

.

GIF image