Re: sqlplus "/as sysdba" giving error

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:08:57 -0800

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM, William Wagman <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> If you are attempting to install Netbackup for use with Oracle certain
> pieces must be relinked. See Metalink note 209117.1 for details.

Though that note has a review date on it of 2008/05/22, it is referring to
NetBackup 4.5

It's been quite a while since I've used 4.5, so I can't comment on how I set
it up.
eg. I can't remember  :)

With versions 5 and 6 on Linux with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel, relinking
Oracle
has never been necessary in my experience.  This may be different on other
platforms.  Other *nix platforms anyway. On windows it is just a DLL
installed
by the NBU installer.

OH/lib/libobk.so is just a soft link to /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.so.

If it the soft link points to the right lib, and the lib is correct, RMAN
works.

It can be removed and recreated at anytime.
Well, probably not in the middle of a backup...

Jared Still