sql*loader infile file name

  • From: Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "oracle Freelists" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:41:12 -0400

Folks,

I have a file on a unix box that was created on an IBM mainframe that I
want to load into a table.  Let's call it mainframe_file.  When I try to
use SQL*Loader, it says the following;

SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file (mainframe_file.dat)
SQL*Loader-553: file not found

I have tried using quotes around the name and overrides at the command
line, such as;

sqlldr userid=$DB_USER/$DB_PASSWORD "parfile=mainframe_file.par
control=mainframe_file.ctl data='mainframe_file'",

to no avail.  I have to rename mainframe_file to mainframe_file.dat for
the process to work.

What gives?  I really do not like the idea of renaming or copying the
file, I just want to be able to give it a name and have it suck the file
up.

thanks,
Michael