Re: sql to check when a last expdp backup was done

  • From: Ryan January <rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pramanan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 15:42:32 -0500

In a strict sense, a database export isn't considered a backup.  As far
as I'm aware, there is no method of directly determining when the last
export was taken and exactly what schemas/objects were included within it.

If you were looking to persist this data, one option would be to audit
based. You may take a look at "Configuring a Unified Audit Policy for
Oracle Data Pump" to see if it will meet your needs.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/network.121/e17607/audit_config.htm#CHDFDCFC

On 08/21/2013 01:43 PM, Praveen Ramanan wrote:
> This is my first post in Oracle-l Freelists group. I have been following
> this list for quite some time and have learnt a lot about
> how dba's handle their day to day tasks.  Thank You !!
> I have a simple dashboard which lists all the backups taken (for the
> various instances we have), their type and when a successful backup has
> been completed.
> This is reasonably straighforward to get rman backup details. However for
> few instances i also run a full expdp backup and i would like to check when
> a last expdp was taken.
>
> This is what i currently have
> select opname,target_desc,start_time,elapsed_seconds,message from
> v$session_longops
> where OPNAME='NAME OF JOB' order by start_time desc
> (this expdp backup is scheduled through db control)
>
> While this gives me the right results most times, sometimes it does not. is
> there another way to get this information?
>
> The database version is Oracle 11gR2 .
>
> Thanks.

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email..