Re: sql slow after db upgrade

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Piwowar <jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:31:08 +0100

In addition, if it really is a single query, and you can manage this with
alter session, then you can either

1) alter the session (doh!)
2) alter the query to use the OPT_PARAM hint (assuming access to the query)
3) run the hinted statement as per 2 and then associate the resulting plan
with the unhinted statement using sql plan management
https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/entry/how_do_i_deal_with_a_third_party_application_that_has_embedded_hints_that_result_in_a_sub-optimal_ex

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA