sql question

  • From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 14:22:52 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to modify a query with where clause like '&&year%%month%'to retrieve all the data by each month of the year. I have managed this query to set up automatically run on the 15th of the month without any problem until it turned the year of 2010.

I used select substr(add_months(sysdate,-1),5,2) from dual to collect the month.
and select substr(sysdate,1,4) from dual to get the year.

The problem is I can't get the data on this month cause I will generate the date like '201012%'.

Do you know how to handle this? Using if statement? if the month is 12, then the year should be -1? I am not sure how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Joan