spin_count and cpu usage

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 22:01:43 +0200

Hi

I was wondering if anyone know how is spin_count measured? In CPU CYCLES?

I havea doubt with CPU usage as well, I undersstand that in v$sysstat it is
using centiseconds to measure CPU usage. I wonder how can we determine 1
centisecond is equivalent to how many CPU cycles? For example I have a
server with 8 PA-RISC 1200 MHz CPU, in 1 hour it reports 3 million
centiseconds usage, am I using fully? Basically is how do you know how
efficiently is your CPU working from Oracle Statistics.

TIA

Alex