Re: source of package invalidation

  • From: Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:19:15 -0400

Chris,

Logminer is your best friend. Get the invalidation time (if possible)
and look what happens in that period.

You will see inserts/updates to system tables when the package
invalidates and recompiles. You can see what happens just before that.

We had similar problem but in our case the procedure in package was
running for a couple of minutes. You can't recompile a package that is
been executed, so you wait. You can't run a package that's waiting to
be recompiled, so everyone waits.

The end result is a locked up system. In our case it was dynamic DDL
that was "forgotten". LogMiner does not forget.

--
Christo Kutrovsky
Senior DBA