Re: some interview question

  • From: Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx>, oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 04:11:08 -0800 (PST)

Thank you very much , Dennis and Alberto

  I have compiled answer for my question.Please correct me or make it more
meaningful

  1) which type of things you will analyze about the database from your
previous dba...when he is leaving and you are coming into the picture?

  a) Get the list of databases running
b) Get the sys password of each database.
c) Get the list of schemas available in each database.
d) Must get the schema architechture and an overview of it.
e) Backup plan and Schedule,Storage information,
f)  Try to know which type of disasters are happend with DB,It might happen
again so is there any documents abt this?

  2) what you will do first when you join into the job regarding the database?
  a) Get the feed back from users regarding database performance.
b) Enlist the weak performing areas either at report side or forms side.
c) Get a general overview through v$system_events, v$sysstat view.
d) More precisely generate a statspack report and study it throughly.

  3) What type of reports you can give to(Project Manager) about Database?
  a) Give a performance overview of the databases to ur proj. manager.
b) Possible causes of performance issues like bad SQL, shortage of memory etc.
c) Capacity Planning,Growth analysis,DB health report

  4) what type of documentation you will keep as a dba about project?
  You must keep the schema design documents, the data entry ratio on every
object. Your recommendations, whether the object should be Cluster or IOT etc.

5) if new project came to your company..how can you planned and designed the
database and what type of reports you will give to your project manager?

Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I agree, looks like they want to put you in charge,
giving you responsibility for some system(s).
They seem to know their job.

--
Alberto Dell'Era
"Per aspera ad astra"