RE: so get a load of this - venting on support

  • From: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Hemant.Chitale@xxxxxx'" <Hemant.Chitale@xxxxxx>, "'Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:57:26 +0000

Ooh, time for horror stories! :-)

I had an SR for a RAC environment that crashed a few times - we wanted to get
to the bottom of it, and nothing stood out in the logs for us. Nothing stood
out obviously for Oracle either, so they asked us to run OSWatcher For Windows
- see if there was something happening at the OS level that was a factor.

We had trouble getting OSWFW to start - which led to this lovely exchange
between myself and support:

Me: The commands you listed are all for Unix or Linux OS. We are using windows.
I am following the steps listed in OS Watcher For Windows (OSWFW) User Guide
[ID 433472.1]

Support: Sorr for misunderstanding..

Please refer the below doc ..

OSW for Windows can be downloaded from "OS Watcher For Windows User Guide" -
Note: 433472.1

ARRGGGHHH

Stephan Uzzell