smon deadlock on TX enqueue - how long to resolve ?

  • From: GG <grzegorzof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:04:27 +0200

Hi,
 I think I came across

    Bug 7529174 - Deadlock / hang between SMON and foreground process
    (Doc ID 7529174.8)

on my 4 node 10.2.0.3 rac .
There was user$ and obj$ tables involved (smon had TX enqueus on them) .
I did some killing :) on sessions waitng on row cach id=7 (dc_users IIRC).
Well, there was like 7000 ctime on that lock for smon sid .
I'm wondering why standard deadlock resolving routine did not worked for
that .
So my question is how long such deadlock would lasts (on smon)?
Additionaly I saw a lot of session waiting on SS enq (sort segment?
ts#=3 = temp) .
Not sure if that was because of smon hang (probably yes but please confirm).
So far instance seems stable till next alter user race condition :).
Regards
GregG

Skoda Octavia z 2009 roku juz za 11 tys. zl
http://linkint.pl/f2a36