Re: slightly OT, appears to be Sun OS issue

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:39:40 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew,

You probably already solved your problem. I want to point out that you
can easily check the environment of a running process with command pargs
-e <pid>. If you see an extra /, you know you need to match that in your
shell where you start sqlplus.

The command varies with OS. See
http://yong321.freeshell.org/computer/ProcEnv.txt

Speaking of the double slashes, we intentionally make use of it to work
around an oraenv issue. On 11gR2, we like to have $GRID_HOME/bin as part
of $PATH for convenience. If I run . oraenv, changing to +ASM, I'll have
*two* $GRID_HOME/bin paths. Later I run . oraenv to change back to the
DB instance. $GRID_HOME/bin is gone from $PATH. If I add an extra / to
somewhere in $GRID_HOME/bin, the problem can be avoided. Since this is
only changed in ~oracle/.bash_profile, no running process is affected.

Yong Huang