Re: skipping tables on export

  • From: "Yong Huang" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "yong321@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Oracle-l Digest Users <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:26:24 +0000 (UTC)

I hope Oracle can add that feature back. It should be trivial to send data
across SQL*Net (Oracle Net). Saying data pump is a server-side utility is not a
good excuse. A feature that can be had without much effort and can bring
convenience to users should be implemented.
Currently, some of our advanced users use another database they have control
over to run expdp (or impdp) username@connectidentifier network_link=... to
bypass this limitation.