RE: skip_unusable_indexes

  • From: "Barr, Stephen" <Stephen.Barr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Barr, Stephen" <Stephen.Barr@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:50:16 -0000

Apologies - readable log attached.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barr, Stephen
Sent: 03 November 2004 10:48
To: Oracle L (E-mail)
Subject: skip_unusable_indexes

We're attempting to load our warehouse with our indexes marked unusable.

However, while this works for non-partitioned tables, it does not work for
partitioned tables - even though we have set the "alter session
skip_unusable_indexes = TRUE'.

I've attached a log of my test.

The partitioned table has 81 partitions and two locally partitioned indexes.
All of the local index partitions are marked unusable.

Oracle 9.2.0.5.0 Solaris (64 bit).
20 cpu
5 Tb.

Thanks,

Steve.

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is
intended exclusively for the addressee.  The views expressed may
not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete it from your system.  You should not reproduce,
distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone.

Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
communication through our internal and external networks.