Re: single instance cluster database

  • From: David Ballester <ballester.david@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:53:26 +0200

El dom, 21-09-2008 a las 22:15 -0700, Prasad escribió:
> All,
>

> I was at the the Openworld Conference today and attended  Mr
> Chintala's presentation on Dell IT .  It was very informative .  As
> part the presentation he talked about  the single instance cluster
> database which in the event of any node failure  can be manually
>  moved to another node .
>

> I will appreciate if anyone give me some idea or point me to any
> url/white papers  on the implementation details.
>

> Thanks in Advance
> -Prasad

You can create an active/passive cluster for any service susceptible to
be clustered ( web server, application server, database server - ASM
instance + production databases + listeners, etc...- ) using the
provided clustering solution by Oracle - clusterware - free of charge if
the cluster is hosted by Oracle Enterprise Linux distribution.

Installing an configuring the clusterware software, the shared storage
( if needed ) and adding the appropriated handmade scripts for start,
stop and check the protected services, you have a cheap active/passive
cluster solution.

I've no http access now, try to search in google

oracle clusterware active passive linux

Regards

D.