Re: simple reverse engineering of schema using table and column comments

  • From: Marc Slemko <identd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:16:56 -0800

It is exactly because it is so easy that I figure someone should have
done it and there is no need to reinvent the wheel.  <g>  But yes, if
not then I'll look at doing it myself, another option there is
outputting it in XML and using XSLT to transform it into HTML.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'll take a look at the options suggested.

I want this to be something that is easy to script as part of an
automated job, etc. so anything that requires manual steps or
interacting with a UI isn't very attractive.