[Q] shutdown remote DB before shutdown server

  • From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:11:39 -0700 (PDT)

We have ORACLE IAS 10g setup on two Solaris 9 servers.
 Infrastructure on one server and web on another
server.  ORACLE IAS have sequence need be followed to
shutdown and startup.  We want setup scipt when server
shutdown, it will also shutdown remote application
(not shutdown remote server).  I plan to put this
script on /etc/rc3.d/K10iasshur (hope it run before
network be killed).  There have some ideal I want
clarify and need your assistant.

1. the Solaris system startup sequences are:
     . /etc/rc0.d (S10, S20, .. S99)
     . /etc/rc1.d
     . /etc/rc2.d
     . /etc/rc3.d