Re: shutdown immediate tries to start MMON and gets ORA-01089: immediate shutdown or close in progress - no operations are permitted

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 10:02:08 -0400

Hi Nenad!

MMON is probably trying to write out the active session history. As for preventing it, I'd try with flushing the shared pool before shutdown? This is, as you've said, just a guess. I've never had that problem and I cannot test. What is the version of database and platform?

Regards

On 5/25/20 4:36 AM, Noveljic Nenad wrote:

Could anybody guess the reason for MMON start in the course of the shutdown and how to prevent it?

Best regards,

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant