RE: sheltered little world i live in -> NODB?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:27:26 -0500

I think we'd all agree that any of the "nosql" implementations are the correct
choice for 'some' applications?

But this all goes back to the earlier points that have mentioned several times
now that people designing systems need to know (and plan) for the data they are
generating, capturing and reporting on before they decide how they want to
store it - I would imagine that the 'best' solution is often a hybrid one with
different implementations for different types of data.

It *always* goes back to the data and how it's going to be generated and used.
Right or no?

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.