Re: shared pool size / library cache locks / too big ?

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 15:35:35 -0300

Wait, you have a 22G shared pool? what kind of database is it? how long
does the parsing of new sqls take? I've seen significant performance
degradation with a 2G shared pool out of a 10G SGA. Buffer cache rates were
affected as well, of course, but not nearly as much as the library cache
waits per execute.
hth

Alan.-