sha1 certs and ebusiness 12.1.2

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:40:10 -0800

Hello
Since certification authorities are not issuing sha 1 certs, what are the
options available if one cannot upgrade to 12.2 and need to renew their ssl
certs to use sha2.
In ebusines 12.1.2, wallet gets generated using sha2 certs but when you try
to open it or start apache using these it does not work (owm complains
about incorrect password and apache would not start).
One option is to setup a proxy server on another box and redirect traffic
from that box to ebusiness app servers but that still that helps in
redirecting the traffic but I am thinking there are other components of
ebiz that need wallet and they will fail.

The other option is to set up ssl at BigIP level. This probably will not
have issues but I have never tested it.

Have any of you setup this configuration and any issues that need to be
aware of?
Are there any other solutions to the problem other than what I thought
about?

Thank you
Kumar