RE: sga

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Andrew Kerber' <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>, Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson@xxxxxxxxx>, Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

If you are going to try out cursor_sharing changes to address lack of bind
variables, please try it out in a test environment and start out with
cursor_sharing=similar.  If this application functions anything like Oracle
Financials or others that require cursor_sharing to be set to "force" it could
mistakenly pass on the Oracle generated bind variables as actual values in the
generated SQL and cause failures.
Good luck,
Kellyn

Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 7:37 AM

The form for the application does build some really crappy dynamic sql, 2 pages
worth.  The vendor said "oh you have to add some indexes"  but that doesn't
look to be the case.  I seem to be leaning toward the cursor issue myself.
I'll see what it is set to.

#yiv338485775 st1\:* {
}

 _filtered #yiv338485775 {margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
#yiv338485775 P.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";}
#yiv338485775 LI.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";}
#yiv338485775 DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";}
#yiv338485775 A:link {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv338485775 SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv338485775 A:visited {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv338485775 SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv338485775 SPAN.GramE {
}
#yiv338485775 DIV.Section1 {
}

ciao,
Brian

Brian J. Zelli, Ed.M.
Sr. Database Administrator
Enterprise Application/Systems Integration
Information Technology - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
phone: (716) 845-4460 email: brian.zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx