Re: session wait fun

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 23:34:01 +0200

How do you extract these values? Just a simple select query or some GUI
tool?

The seconds_in_wait column *physically* stores the *wait start time* as
seconds from epoch in the memory location. And when you query this column
in SQL, the underlying x$ reports the *current SGA time* - *wait start
time*in seconds. Up to 10g, the current SGA time is mainained by LGWR
and in
11g+ by VKTM.

Any non-SQL & direct SGA access approaches should account for that...

--
*Tanel Poder*
Enkitec (The Exadata Experts)
Book<http://www.amazon.com/Expert-Oracle-Exadata-Apress/dp/1430233923>