Re: session_cached_cursors pros & cons

  • From: Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:06:38 -0400

Mark,

I did that but I don't see how it guides me to the size of the shared
pool. For example, I ran it against a test db and got the following results:

PARAMETER                     VALUE USAGE
----------------------------- ----- -----
session_cached_cursors          100   35%
open_cursors                    255   15%

2 rows selected.

CURSOR_CACHE_HITS SOFT_PARSES HARD_PARSES
            92.17%       6.69%       1.14%

1 row selected.

MAX_CACHEABLE_CURSORS
                   186

1 row selected.

It looks like my session_cached_cursors is too high according to the
above but how do I determine the increase to the SP from this?

Joe