RE: sequential read on full-table scan?

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 01:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

Cary,

Thank you a lot.
I could not cover all test cases yesterday so easy
because of no time and non-easy ways to trace
parallel slave processes.
So I asked you/oracle-l list.

I just wanted to get more info about the direct path
read associating with the parallel slaves from the
master.
What is on the net is very scattered and in some
cases
wrong. Also, very hard to find out anything about it
except usual copied sentences from Oracle docs.

But it looks my old knowledge about it did not
change.
So all blocks are going always to the PGA regardless
of the cache.

Regards,
Zoran