RE: separate ORACLE_HOME for ASM

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:45:38 -0400

I believe the motive is to facilitate upgrade isolation and stability for
ASM, which may be serving multiple databases. Also, if you got a critical
patch that only affects ASM operation you might be able to apply it without
affecting (and therefore needing to fully regression test) all the database
functionality from all your applications.

Regards,

mwf