Re: select/insert/delete

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:32:46 +0100

Not possible - but the best option may depend on what problem you see as the biggest threat:
   Volume of data to move
   Complexity of identifying query
   Guarantee of correctness
   Threats from concurrency
   Complexity of code

In outline the following may be appropriate for high speed on a few thousand rows.
PL/SQL
   select bulk collect from tableA for update
   forall insert into tableB
   forall delete from tableA

I'm assuming you can do the bulk collect with a For Update - but I may be wrong.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Moore" <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx>