Re: select the view is ok, but when using "explain plan" throws error ora-01031

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wqhhp@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:16:26 +0800

The error probably relates to the PLAN_TABLE. Do you have a PLAN_TABLE in your account (the account running the query) ? Create one with $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlxplan.sql

Hemant
At 10:34 AM Monday, qihua wu wrote:
When I select the data from a view, I can get the result. But When I want to get the execution plan of the sql using
explain plan for select * from other_schema.v_the_view
(the view is from another schema)
It throws error ora-01031 insufficient privileges.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l