RE: see higher CPU usage after increase SGA

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:56:11 -0400

Zhu,

Consider that possibly your CPU usage was being throttled by the disk I/O, and
by reducing disk I/O, you allow Oracle to do more work, hence consume more CPU.
 You mentioned that transactions were the same from one snapshot to the other,
but that doesn't count SELECT statements.  Try also comparing logical
reads/sec.  How do those numbers compare?  What about Parse CPU?

-Mark

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company