Re: see higher CPU usage after increase SGA

  • From: "zhu chao" <chao_ping@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:42:58 +0800

Thanks Janathan,
    The following is some data from the statspack 9-15pm report.
    I am not sure whether it should be like that CPU usage should rise, or
it is just some kind of fluctuation.

[oracle@main-db1**biddb]$grep "table scans (short tables)" *.lst --it does
increase, but I am not sure how much cpu increase it can cause. Have no
idear how to measure it.
10gb.lst:table scans (short tables)               1,132,629         52.4
0.7
11gb.lst:table scans (short tables)               1,301,091         60.3
0.8

[oracle@main-db1**biddb]$grep "CR blocks created" *.lst
10gb.lst:CR blocks created                          202,232          9.4
0.1
11gb.lst:CR blocks created                          181,607          8.4
0.1

[oracle@main-db1**biddb]$ grep "table scans (long" *.lst
10gb.lst:table scans (long tables)                        5          0.0
0.0
11gb.lst:table scans (long tables)                        5          0.0
0.0

Thanks.
Zhu Chao.