RE: screw up

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:35:31 -0400

David,

Is it an Oracle package body from the SYS schema?  If so, you can search for
it in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory and reload it (or just re-run
catproc.sql).

If it is one of your package bodies from your schema, then it's gone.  Hope
you have a PL/SQL library someplace.

If you don't have it anyplace, then your only option is to perform a
database recovery up to the point-in-time just before you dropped it.

The get all of your PL/SQL source code out of the database and into a
source-management facility.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional