Re: schema recovery

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:00:10 -0500

On 11/19/05, Thomas Fox <belvdr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Without a backup or an export, I don't think this is possible.  Even if it is
> development, backups are important if you want to be able to recover.  If you
> can load the data from a different source, say production, then that may be
> fine for you.

a search of the fine web found this article:
(oracle data unloader dul corrupt database)

http://database.sarang.net/database/oracle/backup/corrupt/corrupt.html

Have you opened an iTAR with Oracle Support?
They have access to the data unloader tool (DUL):
http://www.fors.com/velpuri2/Backup%20and%20Recovery/UsingDUL

If the database isn't valuable enough for DUL by OWS, you might consider this:
http://www.ora600.nl/introduction.htm (DUDE)

good luck.

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
-- play a Sony CD, install a rootkit today