Re: salary idea

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx, post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx, " Bambi \(Comsys\)Bellows" <bbel5@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, shaaban80@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:11:44 -0700 (PDT)

I would only settle for a DBA 2.0 that was backward compatible to DBA 1.0... :)

Kellyn

Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 8:50 PM

DBA 2.0 is the name of the game
Cheers
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:28:15 -0400
To: <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>; Bellows, Bambi (Comsys)<bbel5@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>; <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>;
Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
oracle-l-freelists<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ethan,

We’re a company whose business is driving efficiency in the database tier
through software – and what we’ve found is that people have cut so deep
already, there’s nothing left to cut, and they’re actually turning to software
like ours just so they can keep up with the business obligations they have.
These people want to automate, but not so they can reduce the number of DBAs,
just so they can keep their heads above water.

I think there is an increasing demand, as lots of organizations that put
projects on hold in 2009 are starting to execute on them in 2010, and
accordingly not only do a lot of shops only have enough team to keep the lights
on today, but they are scrambling to do all of the upgrades, refreshes,
migrations, new app deployments that didn’t get done in 2009.  I have lots of
customers that are trying to hire, and I’m a firm believer that no matter how
bad the economy gets, the really top-notch folks are hard to find.

Matt