Re: salary idea

  • From: Ethan Post <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:55:26 -0500

My take...

* Many jobs won't pay relo anymore. So supply and demand can be more local
than is was previously.
* The demand is changing as you noted, I noticed J. Lewis is learning SQL
Server, and Miracle Open World had a SQL track. The supply of applicants
that are well versed in design, multiple DB flavors, tuning...may not be
increasing, so you would see salary stability.
* The number of people leaving the area of Oracle expertise may be
increasing and the number of people entering may be decreasing. I have no
idea if this is the case. I have heard there are areas of shortage in IT due
to less interest.