Re: row cache lock contention parallel insert

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:08:12 +0100

Hello

After doing more tests I am puzzled, I have managed reproduce row cache
contention with cache id 8 and 11 (dc_object_ids and dc_objects) but the
results are not consistent, sometimes contentions are reproduced and
sometimes not. So I am still a bit lost.

Mark

Since my results are not consistent I am not really sure if the problem is
caused by extent or segment space allocation. But this is the physical
configuration:

   - Bigfile Tablespace, each table's subpartitions goes there
   - Cant find a natural way to to natual insert as parallel jobs
   - Looking for performance, obvisouly if we could load directly to the
   subpartitions performance would be best but it is not feasible (without some
   deepper thinking)

TIA

--
LSC