RE: rman/NFS over internet, performance

  • From: Bjoern Rost <b.rost@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:12:45 +0200

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 14:29, Robertson Lee - lerobe wrote:
> Oops.....forgot to mention, this was on a Linux machine, I noticed yours
> was Solaris.

no problem, the nfs client parameters are the same

> We had very similar issues to those that you mentioned and used the
> following nfs mount options. Performance picked up immediately
>
> (rw,tcp,bg,hard,addr=xx.xx.xxx.xx)
>
> I think it was the noac that was killing it.

yes, if I omit noac, I can copy files faster but rman won't let me use
this mountpoint and throws an error. According to ml note 5064356.8 the
noac requirement has been dropped for rman backups in 10.2.0.4, but
unfortunately this has not yet been released for solaris x64.

Or I could disable all nfs mount option checks but I am too much of a
wuss to do that.

Bjoern