Re: rman strangeness

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:38:12 -0700

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you using automatic channels?
>
> If so, try specifying the channels  explicitly in the script.
> I have had to do this on 3 different occasions, different versions of
> Oracle on Windows, to get
> backups to succeed.  Most recently last week.

A little follow up on this.

I've had several support issues regarding this backup problem, both Oracle
and Veritas.

Before a couple weeks ago I had thought the problems were in Veritas' MML.

After I could duplicate the same issues using the test tape interface
(writes to disk), it became
clear that the issue was not with Veritas, but with Oracle.  Still have a
ticket open on this, maybe
they'll find the problem. :)

Automatic channels make it easier to standardize backup scripts, wish they
always worked.

--
Jared Still