Re: rman space issue?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 22:33:09 +0800

HPUX-ia64 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Possibly the mount point has "gone away" or is inaccessible for a short
period of time.
Is it an NFS mount point ?

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:27 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Does this error lead me to believe that there is a space issue on the
backup drive?

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on d2 channel at 11/08/2015 01:19:33

ORA-19502: write error on file
"/backup/prod/PROD2_HOT_201511062100_3lqlmbtk_33_1", block number 214145
(block size=8192)

ORA-27072: File I/O error

HPUX-ia64 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Everything I googled leads me to that conclusion. But other than just
adding disk, what else could I do to reduce the space?

The last good backup was from the 5th and that is in that directory plus
files leading up to yesterday…….so it looks like I can’t delete anything.

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com