Re: rman restore

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

I don't believe d/base uses RMAN does it? Or do you mean database?

Assuming your date format is correct, this looks right. What version is this?
You might have to set a parameter or two for the controlfile autobackup
rerstore (ie set controlfile autobackup format and dbid). Are you using an FRA?
If not, you will need to set the DBID before the control file is recovered. You
might also have to set the location where your control file autobackups are
located if it's not the default location.

And the big question..... is this *really* the first time you have done this?
If so, why? Do you have a copy of my RMAN book from Oracle Press? This is all
covered in there....

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)
http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf