Re: rman recovery

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 23:04:42 -0400

On 07/17/2016 04:26 PM, Orlando L wrote:

List

I am trying to do a restore of a db in a cluster. It looks like we can restore from multiple nodes/instances in a RAC from 11g on. I would think that the backup files would need to be visible from all nodes in the cluster. Does anyone have the setup and steps that they can share. thanks.

TIA, OL

What do you mean by "restore from multiple nodes/instances"? What I usually restore from is backup, not a node or an instance.
Second, you cannot restore backup to a RAC database. You can only restore backup to a single instance database, which you can make into RAC in the next step, using srvctl. When you use "restore database", RMAN command, the target database to which you are connected must not have cluster_database parameter set to TRUE. You can get parallelism by allocating multiple channels, unless your database is Oracle SE. Oracle SE doesn't allow multiple channels, but it does support RAC.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA