Re: rman help

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:02:04 -0400

Joe,
you did not say what version of oracle you were using as it makes a difference
on the commands given.
I have found that the O'Reilly Oracle RMAN Pocket Reference by Darl Kuhn &
Scott Schultz to be very helpful
and condensed. Also the Oracle 101 Smith & Haisley along with the Oracle 9i
Rman Backup and Recovery Freeman & Hart are filled with lost of valuable info.
At one time Veritas was giving away the pocket reference. You might contact
them and see if they still have any.
Ron

>>> "Joe Smith" <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> 07/08/05 8:45 AM >>>
Does anybody know of a nice RMAN tutortial or example without the user of
the Recovery Catalog?  And yes,  I have got and looked at the Oracle pdfs
from OTN on this issue.

thanks.