rman completes with failure

  • From: "Sheehan, Jeremy" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 13:39:23 -0400

Hello,

I've got a DB, 10.2.0.3 on Windows 2003 R2 64-bit that when running the db
backup fails at the very end.

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: ORA-12571: TNS:packet
writer failure
ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

The backup is showing as complete (if I query rman catalog), but this still a
problem that I'd like to get fixed.

The catalog is 11.2.0.3 on AIX 6.1.4.  As far as I know, this is the only
database with this problem (with at least 80+ databases connecting to this
catalog).  I ran with debug mode on if that helps to see the log there.  I've
checked listener log on both sides, udump, bdump, cdump directories, adr homes,
etc...  Nothing is sticking out as a problem.

Has anyone seen a problem like this before?  I've submitted a ticket with
Oracle, but so far they've been less than helpful and I'm getting antsy to get
this problem fixed.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy