[oracle-l] Re: rman catalog considerations

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:11:30 -0600

Daniel
   1) Yes, I would consider separate instances for RMAN catalog. This will
give you more flexibility.
   2) Consider not using a catalog. Oracle9i beefed up the non-catalog
features. I have used the catalog mode for several years and in the way I've
used RMAN I don't feel it has been worth the trouble. This is heresy to some
on this list, so I'll probably get flamed, but I'm just saying to consider
it in your situation.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.