Re: rman catalog

  • From: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ckaj111@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:42:37 -0500

At this point the archivelog would be marked as EXPIRED by crosscheck. You
are right in that the catalog only contains metadata. If the archivelog
file itself has been deleted and you don't have a backup or copy, then it's
likely that you won't be able to get it back.

Perhaps your DBA friend meant he could restore it from a backup that was
also cataloged. The catalog itself is more or less just an index.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us