rman backups

  • From: "Zelli, Brian" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:15:33 -0500

Hello all,
   I've decided to become more intimate with using rman as opposed to
cron scripting.  So, my first attempt at a test database bombs because
of the database not being in ARCHIVELOG mode.  I did a google to see if
I can actually backup a db in NOARCHIVELOG mode and on Ask Tom, it says
yes.  I looked at the solution and it doesn't make any sense.  Has
anybody done this, a backup in NOARCHIVELOG mode using rman?

ciao,
Brian

Brian J. Zelli
Sr. Database Administrator
Enterprise Application/Systems Integration
Information Technology - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
phone: (716) 845-4460 email: brian.zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.