Re: rman - backup plus archivelog

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:53:03 -0700

Personally I don't care for 'delete input'.

Backup up and deleting archivelogs would probably best be done in separate
operations.

eg.

  BACKUP FORMAT 'arch_%d_T%T_s%s_p%p_t%t' ARCHIVELOG ALL NOT BACKED UP 2
TIMES;

  DELETE ARCHIVELOG ALL BACKED UP 2 TIMES TO DEVICE TYPE sbt;

This allows you to backup only the archive logs that have not been backed up
N times,
and then to delete those that have been backed up N times.

Alternatively, you may want to only remove archivelogs after they reach a
certain age.

The manual and some experimentation will help you out there.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com