rman backup archivelog completed does not work

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:26:20 -0400

Hi All,
Good day. My configuration: I use 11gR201 SE1 primary with a standby
database configured using manual shipping of logs and applying them using
cronjobs. I am trying to use rman backup archivelog based on the completion
time since the archive logs get deleted by rman nightly cronjob of the
db+archive logs. The present command used is "backup archivelog from time
'sysdate -3/24' until time 'sysdate - 30/1440';" but i would like to base
this on completion time rather than creation time. What am i doing wrong
here. Thanks in advance.

RMAN> BACKUP ARCHIVELOG COMPLETED BETWEEN  'SYSDATE-28' AND 'SYSDATE-7';

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands
RMAN-01009: syntax error: found "completed": expecting one of: "all, from,
high, like, low, scn, sequence, time, until"
RMAN-01007: at line 1 column 19 file: standard input

RMAN> BACKUP ARCHIVELOG COMPLETION TIME BETWEEN 'SYSDATE-30' AND 'SYSDATE';

RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands
RMAN-01009: syntax error: found "identifier": expecting one of: "all, from,
high, like, low, scn, sequence, time, until"
RMAN-01008: the bad identifier was: COMPLETION
RMAN-01007: at line 1 column 19 file: standard input