RE: rman allocate channel suddenly taking forever

  • From: "John Hallas" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, <gcunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:46:32 +0100

At one site I worked at they had several concurrent catalogs but
generated new ones and switched the backups to use the new catalog and
then removed the old one after a few weeks when the backups past their
retention times.

If the catalog was not switched then had massive enqueue problems when
querying the catalog